Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar Masterclass Review
In 26 lessons, Grammy-winning musician Tom Morello will teach you the guitar techniques, rhythms, and riffs that define his signature style.
Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar Masterclass Review
The Tom Morello Masterclass is 26 videos • 5 hr 34 min and comes with a downloadable workbook that accompanies the class with lesson recaps. supplemental materials, guitar tab, and access to setlists from past shows.
Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar Masterclass Overview
Meet your new instructor, Grammy Award-winning guitarist Tom Morello, and get ready to uncover your authentic artistic self.
- Developing Your Creative Voice
Tom teaches you how to think beyond your musical influences, challenge the traditional boundaries of the electric guitar, and start developing your own voice as a musician.
Powerful, hard-driving riffs are the heart and soul of Tom’s musical legacy. Learn his tips for experimenting with tuning, slides, chukkas, and more, to unleash heavy, rocking riffs of your own.
- Gear: Pedals and Effects
Tom walks you through his basic pedal rig from delays to tuner and wah-wah to whammy. Learn how he uses each to create a diverse collection of sounds and effects.
- Tones and Sounds
It’s not what pedals you own, it’s how you use them. Learn Tom’s creative process for discovering sounds and how you can create your own.
- Tom’s Noise Chart
Tom walks you through his own noise chart, including examples from “Guerilla Radio” and “Your Time Has Come,” to show you his system for keeping track of all the elements that come together to create an original sound.
- Tom’s Influences: Rock, Jazz, Classical, and Folk
A diverse set of musical influences can help you take your playing in exciting new directions. Learn how Tom incorporates the genres that have made an impact on him into his own music, and how you can do the same.
- Tom’s Influences: EDM, the Blues, and Hip-Hop
You can learn from other artists’ styles, melodies, attitudes, and sounds. Tom teaches you how to fold blues guitar—and more modern, non-guitar sounds from EDM and hip-hop—into your playing.
Tom teaches you how to structure your practice time, from balancing technique and theory to segmenting your practice day.
- Technique: Developing Speed
Tom believes that you have to play slowly to learn to play fast. Learn the finger exercises he used to go from scribbling around on the guitar to confidently shredding.
- Beginner Theory: Pentatonic and Blues Scales
Aimed towards beginner players, Tom demystifies the pentatonic scale and the blues scale to help you start improvising solos.
- Theory: Unlocking the Fretboard
In the next step on your soloing journey, Tom teaches you his methods for soloing in any key, anywhere on the neck.
Learn how to get lost in the music, experiment, and push yourself outside of your comfort zone with Tom’s techniques for becoming a more nimble improviser.
Using examples from guitarists Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen, Tom breaks down his strategies for creating innovative, rule-bending solos with melodies and effects.
- Solo Case Study: “The Ghost of Tom Joad”
Using his solo in Rage Against the Machine’s cover of Bruce Springsteen’s “The Ghost of Tom Joad” as an example, Tom illustrates how a solo can defy convention and transcend genre.
- Rock Songwriting Fundamentals
Tom demystifies the songwriting process to teach you how to break down the barrier between yourself and the greats. Learn how to stay open to inspiration and patiently explore your ideas to create original, authentic songs.
- Riff Rock Writing: Verses and Multitracking
Get inspired by Tom’s riff-writing process and apply his simple studio recording techniques to begin creating a song of your own.
- Riff Rock Writing: Chorus, Solo, and Arrangement
Learn to complete your song by adding a chorus, a solo, and a structural arrangement to the whole piece. Tom also breaks down the arrangement of the Rage Against the Machine classic, “Bulls on Parade.”
- Lyrics and Melody
Learn how to unleash your inner poet to write honest lyrics that come from your soul—then find the melody to fit them.
- Studio Recording
Tom takes you on a philosophical and practical tour of his strategies for getting the most out of a studio recording session.
- Case Study: “Killing in the Name”
Tom deconstructs one of Rage Against the Machine’s biggest hits, from inception to recording and release.
- Live Shows: Philosophy and Nerves
Learn how to find your own authentic voice as a performer and combat the nerves that might be keeping you from growing as an artist.
- Live Shows: Practicalities and Performance
From warming up your hands to crafting the perfect setlist, Tom teaches you how to create powerful experiences for your audiences.
- Bands and Collaboration
Learn how to find the right bandmates to help grow your artistic vision and how to diffuse the inevitable band problems that surface from creative collaboration.
- Gear: Tom’s Guitars and Amps
Tom walks you through his signature guitars and trusty amps and shares the story behind each.
Tom wraps up his class with a few parting words and an artistic challenge to you: “Envision something that goes beyond what anybody’s imagined before—” and never stop pushing.
- Alicia Keys – Songwriting And Producing
- Ringo Starr | Drumming & Creative Collaboration
- Nas | Hip-Hop Storytelling
- Yo-Yo Ma | Music and Connection
- Timbaland – Producing and Beatmaking
- St. Vincent | Creativity and Songwriting
- Herbie-Hancock | Jazz
- Armin van Buuren | Dance Music
- Carlos Santana | Art and Soul of Guitar
- Hans Zimmer | Film Scoring
- Danny Elfman | Music For Film
- Elaine Welteroth | Designing Your Career
- Malcolm Gladwell | Writing
- Robin Arzón | Mental Strength
- Corey Damen Jenkins | Interior Design
- Itzhak Perlman | Violin
- Alex Honnold & Tommy Caldwell | Rock Climbing
- Metallica | Being a Band
- Christina Aguilera | Singing
- deadmau5 | Electronic Music Production
- Reba McEntire | Country Music
- Questlove | Music Curation and DJing
- Sheila E. | Drumming and Percussion
- Tom Morello | Electric Guitar
- Usher | The Art of Performance
- Wayne Gretzky | Athlete’s Mindset
- N. K. Jemisin | Fantasy and Science Fiction Writing
- Futura Teaches Spray-Painting and Abstract Art
- Gabriela Camara| Mexican Cooking
- Mashama Bailey | Southern Cooking
- Gordon Ramsay | Cooking 1 & 2
- Madhur Jaffrey | Indian Cooking
- Ujam Virtual Instruments Sale up to 75% off PluginsAll plug-ins 50% off & special deals: Huge discount: Usynth EUPHORIA $19 instead of $79 that’s 75% off UJAM exclusive discount: GM ONE $5 instead of $19 that’s 73% off Newbies: Usynth Bundle $179 instead of $249, Virtual Bassist SLAP $89 instead of $129, Virtual Pianist VOGUE $99 instead of $149 that’s 30% off Intro: Beatmaker RICO from $29 instead of $69that’s up to 57% off Madness: Full Bundle $699 instead of $1699 that’s $1000 off (!) or 42 plug-ins worth $3979
- ADSR Drum Machine Full Video ReviewAdsr Drum Machine Is A Beat-Making Workhorse. Its Intuitive Interface Including 16 Pads Above A Tabbed Browser, Sound & Fx, Sequencer, And Mixer Panel Allows You To Build A Kit And Lay Down A Beat Straight Out Of The Box. It Has Everything You Need And Expects In A Modern Drum Plugin.
- H.E.R. Songwriting Class Studio.com Discount LinkLearn To Tell Your Story Through Music From The Master Of Soulful Songwriting. During This 30-Day Class, Follow H.E.R.’s Process For Turning Personal Experiences Into Universally Relatable Hits As She Writes Two New Original Songs In Front Of You. You’ll Create Two Songs Of Your Own Inspired By Your Life. No Instruments Are Required — Just Bring Your Story And Your Voice.
- Mariah Carey Masterclass Review Full VideoMariah Carey Masterclass Review. For The First Time, She’s Opening Up Her Studio To Show You How She Creates. Learn How She Uses Her Iconic Voice To Write Songs, Collaborate, And Produce—And Discover How Some Of Her Biggest Hits Were Made.
- 25 Free Effects VST One Knob UJAM Finisher MicroHere’s a cool free VST/AU plugin that can do a lot for every track and is simple to use. Finisher has 25 complex automated multi-effect chain Modes and is controlled with one knob.
- Realistic Guitar VSTs Plugins For Musicians and Producers – Full VideoHere are some Guitar Plug-Ins or VSTs that I would recommend if you want a realistic virtual electric or acoustic guitar sound for your track.
- 16 Best Free VST Reverb Plugins Full Video Review16 Free Vst Reverb Plugins. N This Video, Audio Tech Tv Looks At 16 Of The Best Free Reverb Plugins Available In 2022. These Are Great For Vocals, Drums, Pads, And Even Convolution Reverbs For Specific Situations. If You Want To Check Out 1000’S More Free Vst Plugins
- 5 Best Vocal Chain Plugins That Are EASY To Use Full VideoSomething tricky about being a beginner music producer is finding out which plug-ins to use on your music. Let songwriter/producer Greg Kocis demystify this for you as he tells you five GREAT plug-ins that you can use for your vocal chain.
- 20 Free Guitar Amp Simulator Software – Full VIDEOFree Guitar Amp Simulator Software. Free VST AU These Can Range From Clean Sounds To All-Out Metal Distortion. If You’re Looking For Some New Guitar Amp Simulator Sounds And Want Them Free.
- Best Free VST Plugins Instruments & EffectsBest Free VST Plugins Instruments & Effects. Beginners looking to make music on their computers might sometimes not afford the expensive gear. That’s where these free VST/AU plugins might come to the rescue.
- How to Mix with Headphones FREE HEADPHONE MIXING PluginMorphit by Toneboosters is a headphone correction and simulation plugin. It corrects the response of your headphones and can also simulate how your mixes will sound across over 100 different headphones and speakers systems. A handy plugin if you mix with your headphones.