Reba McEntire Country Music Masterclass Review
Reba teaches her approach to making great country music and navigating the business in 21 video lessons.
Reba McEntire Country Music Masterclass Video Review
- Alicia Keys – Songwriting And Producing
- Timbaland – Producing and Beatmaking
- St. Vincent | Creativity and Songwriting
- Herbie-Hancock | Jazz
- Armin van Buuren | Dance Music
- Carlos Santana | Art and Soul of Guitar
- Hans Zimmer | Film Scoring
- Danny Elfman | Music For Film
- Elaine Welteroth | Designing Your Career
- Malcolm Gladwell | Writing
- Robin Arzón | Mental Strength
- Corey Damen Jenkins | Interior Design
- Itzhak Perlman | Violin
- Christina Aguilera | Singing
- deadmau5 | Electronic Music Production
- Reba McEntire | Country Music
- Questlove | Music Curation and DJing
- Sheila E. | Drumming and Percussion
- Tom Morello | Electric Guitar
- Usher | The Art of Performance
- Wayne Gretzky | Athlete’s Mindset
- N. K. Jemisin | Fantasy and Science Fiction Writing
- Futura Teaches Spray-Painting and Abstract Art
- Gabriela Camara| Mexican Cooking
- Mashama Bailey | Southern Cooking
- Gordon Ramsay | Cooking 1 & 2
Reba McEntire Country Music Masterclass Overview
Reba warmly welcomes you to the world of country music. As your teacher, Reba kicks off her MasterClass by sharing an early story about her father, what you will be learning, and what she hopes you will take away from her class.
- Selecting a Song
Melody, lyrics, relatability. Learn how Reba assesses what makes a great country song, using examples from “Fancy”, Merle Haggard’s “Carolyn”, and others.
You don’t have to be the greatest singer in the world to pursue singing. Watch as Reba breaks down her tried and true warm up exercises, and teaches you the techniques she uses to protect her voice from strain and damage.
- Recording a Song
Welcome to the recording studio! From working with producers, to conveying authentic emotion in your recording sessions, Reba explains her own unique recording process.
- Recording a Song Case Study: “There’s No U in Oklahoma”
See the Master in action. Watch as Reba records a brand new song in the studio, working with her band, producers, and engineers.
- Case Study: “Fancy” Goes Acoustic
Learn the backstory of how Reba recorded one of her most infamous songs, “Fancy”. Then, watch as Reba and the band break down the song to record a never-before-done acoustic version of the song.
- Performance Techniques: Learning to Perform Live
There’s a lot to learn when it comes to creating an effective performance, both mentally and physically. Reba discusses the importance of feedback, psyching yourself up, and what you can learn from other performers.
- Performance Techniques: Engaging an Audience
Anyone in country music knows Reba is a mesmerizing performer. Learn her techniques on how to engage an audience through stories and charm while performing, including taking the audience on a rollercoaster with the set list.
- Performance Case Study: “Just Like Them Horses”
Reba performs “Just Like Them Horses” exclusively for her MasterClass. Watch as Reba discusses the backstory and very personal inspiration for the song, and how to pull back when your emotions are about to take over.
- Student Workshop: Trevor
Case Study: How to improve eye contact during your performance.
- Student Workshop: Cheyenne
Case Study: How to convey the emotion behind your songs in your performance.
- Student Workshop: Emily
Case Study: Sometimes being different in the country music industry is good.
- Student Workshop: Jimmy
Case Study: How to use breath control to deliver your song effectively.
- Country Music Overview
The country music industry is unlike any other music industry in the world. Reba walks you through what makes the country music business special, and what it’s been like to be a woman in country music.
- Building a Career
Reba offers her wisdom on what it takes to create a long-lasting career in the music business. From networking, managing your finances, to work ethic, Reba breaks down skills that have led to her success.
- Building the Right Team
When it comes to the music business, you need the right people around you. Learn how to build your team, choose a manager, and kick off your singing career.
- Creating a Visual Brand
Reba’s look has changed throughout her career. Watch as Reba breaks down the decision behind every look, and why it’s important to have a visual brand.
- Values as a Musician
It’s not just what you do—but how you do it. Learn the core values of how Reba conducts her life and business, and how she has managed a graceful 40-year career.
- Reba’s Journey
From Oklahoma ranch girl to Country Music Hall of Fame member, Reba discusses her journey in the music business, and how she has achieved everything she has.
- Closing Thoughts
Reba closes her MasterClass with some final thoughts for you to apply on your journey.
- Bonus Chapter: “Does He Love You” Performance
Reba performs her Grammy-winning hit “Does He Love You” exclusively for her MasterClass.
Check out other Masterclass Reviews
Spread the love